Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bracelet Needs a Name

These designs are probably the first that ones that I came up with. Basically, they are variations of the star burst bracelet. I haven't quite decided on a name yet. Obviously, I can't use star burst. I thought about the x bracelet since the design does have an x in it, but there is already a double x, so that name is out too. I'll have to think of something. Anyone have any ideas?











This is the first bracelet. If you look at the purple rubber bands, you can see that it makes an x pattern (not quite the * pattern in the star burst.)













This is the second bracelet. Basically, whatever name I come up with for the first bracelet, this will be a lite version of that one. This bracelet is nice for adding beads to because of the spacing it has.












And here is an example of the previous bracelet with beads added. It looks really nice with the round beads







This is an example of what it looks like with pony beads used. It looks pretty great too!





Now, this was actually insane to do, but I used pony beads in the center of the x's on the bracelet. This was not easy to do and I had to use a small gauge crochet hook to pull the rubber bands through the bead. When finished, the bracelet is really neat. It feels very solid and is gives another dimension to the bracelet. I haven't seen anyone add beads this way and I would not recommend it unless you are an advanced loomer.





Example of pony beads added in the center on the fuller bracelet. It was hard!




Here it is stretched out to give you a better look at it.




What do you think of these bracelets? Can you think of a name for them?



And I'm working hard on the tutorials for my other bracelets! It's been awhile since I made videos and I forgot how long it takes to not only make the videos, but to edit them and then wait for them to render to be able to upload...which also takes awhile...



Just send happy thoughts to my youngest kiddos to keep on napping, that's about the only free time I have!!





4 comments:

  1. Do you have a pattern/instructions for the Nov. 14 bracelet with the large white button? (You then made a version with pink beads in black & white. I love your designs - so nice to see more sophisticated designs and colors. Thanks for sharing them with us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I don't have instructions for that bracelet right now, but I will get something put together. The holidays get so busy around here!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Ellen. Just want you to know I appreciate your designs so much. Nice to see more mature and sophisticated looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should call the first on "Button Burst."

    ReplyDelete