Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I Haven't Been Idle...

So, things are starting to get back to normal around here. The kids are back in school...well, kinda, they have had cold weather closures the last two days. We've just been trying to keep warm!


I haven't had time to get any tutorials together, but I have come up with several new designs, tutorials will come as soon as I can get them together. But until the tutorials come, I thought that I would show case some of them for you. Let me know what you think!








First, these are my attempts at a Diagonal Granny Square bracelet. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to have a more square appearance. It did take 9 pin bars to make this bracelet. It could be made on less, just that these particular ones are on 9. 















Next, we have a Large Granny Square bracelet. I think it looks pretty fabulous...and I can just go crazy with all the possible color combinations! This was made on 6 pin bars wide. You can get 3 of the squares on 1 loom length.













Next, I have a bracelet I'm calling Fishnet because it reminds me of fishnet stockings. I really like this design, especially the little picots (small loop...crochet or embroidery term) that poke off the sides of the bracelet. They would be great for attaching charms to if you liked to do that. These bracelets were made on one loom length long and 5 pin bars wide. You would need 2 looms long to have it go all the way around your wrist.


1/8- Saw a very similar looking bracelet on Facebook, but again it is a different design overall.








So, in this sample, I was just throwing around some ideas on how to make another granny square like bracelet. Each square is actually a different pattern of band looping. Mostly it is the center of the square that is different. This bracelet was made on 4 pin bars wide and 2 looms long. You can get 4 squares on one loom length. Keep reading to see a bit more of each bracelet!













I think that this bracelet is beautiful! This is the perfect Granny Square bracelet. There is so much potential for color combinations!















I am calling this bracelet the Buttonhole. It is surprisingly simple to make. It's also perfect for me because I can actually use it with my buttons as you will see in the next picture. 




*Logging onto the Rainbow Loom Facebook page, I saw that a design called the Open Oval is now available. It looks similar to my design, but it is not the same. 









I'm not totally loving the color combo I used on this bracelet, but I like the idea of it immensely! This bracelet has a lot going on! On one end I have attached a button to the middle of the square. The squares along the middle have a bead that the center rubber bands are looped through. And finally the far end of the bracelet has a square from my Buttonhole bracelet.....Combine all that together and you can close this bracelet!












I love these beads! And this bracelet! It's kind of like my own little flower garden. I believe these beads were purchased from Hobby Lobby, but I swear I have seen similar ones at Michael's... or Jo-Ann's too. This bracelet just involves adding the bead to the center of my Granny Square bracelet.














I think this bracelet is adorable! It's the same Granny Square bracelet, only with a button added to the center. The colors give me the feeling of pop art.
















So, this bracelet is still a work in progress. I am planning to call it Vortex. It is made on 3 pin bars wide. I'm just having a little trouble getting the bands to go where I want them to. I'm not sure if it will be important to place the colors of bands in a specific place in order to see the pattern or if I'm just missing something. I'm still working on it!














This bracelet is basically the same design as the one above, but I have removed the center divider bands...kind of. I'm still playing with it, but it is neat as it is actually bumpy. Maybe if I change the colors it will work a little better to see the design. (At least in my mind)












This is my Checkerboard bracelet. I absolutely love it! It's unique and different and just fun to look at! I did make one that had a dark border but I wasn't sure I liked it as much, but it was late, so I may not have been thinking straight!
















And this bracelet I think is awesome, and surprisingly easy to make. I'm calling this my Elongated Checkerboard bracelet. It just looks fun! It's made on 5 pin bars wide and best made on 2 looms long. 












So what do you think? Hopefully you like my designs as much as I do! I'm working as best as I can to share my ideas! I've had a few critiques suggested for how to do my videos... some not so nice :(  ......but I'm going to do my best to make improvements. I just hope that everyone understands that I am not a professional and I am sharing my ideas because I love to create! And share! 

Anyways, don't give up on me yet. My kids are always the top priority and so my creativity takes a backseat when they need me...which is all the time it seems, lol.










6 comments:

  1. All of these are really cool and unique designs! I would love to see tutorials or patterns on the granny square and the checkerboard. Kaleidoscope is one of my favorite patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like my designs. I'm working hard to get tutorials together. I should have the tutorial for my Checkerboard bracelet ready later today with more to follow, very soon!

      Delete
  2. Oh cool! I actually mad a fishnet a few weeks ago. I love all of these bracelets! Are you going to post a tutorial for any of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I Thank you very much! I have already posted the tutorial for the Checkerboard and Long Checkerboard bracelets. I have a little tinkering left to do on the Granny Square bracelet tutorial and that will be up shortly. The other ones are being worked on as well, just not as close to being done. Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey,
    I was wondering if you could suggest a bracelet which you think is quite thin in volume. I have made some of your bracelets like the wave but they seem a bit stiff and a bit too thick for me. Did you invent anything thin but still hard to make and creative? If you haven't, do you know any odd designs? Thanks, just looking for more bracelets to make. Your bracelets are super fun-tastic! Don't and never stop, I'm depending on your bracelets to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you add links to this when they are done or do you have a search function so I can find the tutorials. Easier than looking through the dates on the side bar. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete